"FISHING-TOOL TECHNICIAN, OIL WELL"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Analyzes conditions of unserviceable oil or gas wells and directs use of special well-fishing tools and techniques to recover lost equipment and other obstacles from boreholes of wells: Confers with SUPERINTENDENT, DRILLING AND PRODUCTION to gather information regarding size of pipes and tools and borehole conditions in wells.
- 2) Plans fishing methods and selects tools for removing obstacles, such as liners, broken casing, screens, and drill pipe from wells.
- 3) Directs drilling crew in applying weights to drill pipes, in using special tools, in applying pressure to circulating fluid, and in drilling around lodged obstacles or specified earth formations, using whipstocks and other special tools.
- 4) Observes load variations on strain gauge, mudpump, and motor pressure indicators, and listens to sounds of engines and rotary chains to detect signs of faulty operations or unusual conditions in wells.
- 5) Quotes prices to customer and prepares reports of services rendered, tools used, and time required, to serve as basis for billing customer.
- 6) May direct drilling crew in installation of well-bottom equipment.
Is being a "FISHING-TOOL TECHNICIAN, OIL WELL" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FISHING-TOOL TECHNICIAN, OIL WELL" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FISHING-TOOL TECHNICIAN, OIL WELL"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FISHING-TOOL TECHNICIAN, OIL WELL"
Job Number: 4059