Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Fishes for marine life, including crab, eel, or lobster, using pots: Ties marker float to line, attaches line to pot, fastens bait inside pot, and lowers pot into water.
- 2) Hooks marker float with pole and pulls up pot.
- 3) Reaches through hinged door of pot to remove catch or dumps catch on deck.
- 4) Measures catch with fixed gauge to ensure compliance with legal size.
- 5) Places legal catch in container and tosses illegal catch overboard.
- 6) Places peg in hinge of claws to prevent lobsters, in container, from killing each other.
- 7) May rig and lower dredge, drag dredge behind boat to gather marine life from water bottom, and hoist it to deck by hand or using block and tackle.
- 8) May be designated according to type of marine life fished for as Fisher, Crab; Fisher, Eel; Fisher, Lobster.
- 9) May work alone or as member of crew.
Is being a "FISHER, POT" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FISHER, POT" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FISHER, POT"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FISHER, POT"
Job Number: 4049