Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Catches fish and other marine life with hooks and lines, working alone or as member of crew: Lays out line and attaches hooks, bait, sinkers, and various anchors, floats, and swivels, depending on quarry sought.
- 2) Puts line in water, and holds, anchors, or trolls line to catch fish.
- 3) Hauls line onto boat deck or ashore by hand, reel, or winch, and removes catch.
- 4) Stows catch in hold or boxes and packs catch in ice.
- 5) May hit fish with club to stun it before removing it from hook.
- 6) May fish with gaff to assist in hauling fish from water.
- 7) May slit fish, remove viscera, and wash cavity to clean fish for storage.
- 8) May steer vessel in fishing area.
- 9) When fishing with line held in hand, is designated Fisher, Hand Line.
- 10) When fishing with fixed line equipped with hooks hung at intervals on line, is designated according to whether line is trawl as Fisher, Trawl Line; or trot as Fisher, Trot Line.
- 11) When fishing with line that is trolled, is designated Fisher, Troll Line.
Is being a "FISHER, LINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FISHER, LINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FISHER, LINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FISHER, LINE"
Job Number: 4047