Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends boilers aboard vessel to maintain steam at specified pressure: Installs atomizing tips on end of burner barrels with wrench.
- 2) Inserts barrels in burners.
- 3) Connects fuel-oil lines to burners.
- 4) Ignites fuel with torch.
- 5) Adjusts burners to maintain steam pressure at specified level.
- 6) Cleans drip pans, atomizing tips, burner barrels, and work area, using steam connections, solvent, or rags.
- 7) Must have certificate issued by U.
- 10) May operate soot-blowers to clean combustion residue on generating tubes.
- 11) May regulate amount of water in boiler and be known as Firer-Watertender.
Is being a "FIRER, MARINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRER, MARINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRER, MARINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRER, MARINE"
Job Number: 4022