"FIRER, LOW PRESSURE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends low pressure boilers that supply steam heat for office buildings, apartment houses, or industrial establishments: Shovels coal or coke into firebox to feed fuel into boiler; turns valves to regulate flow of gas, oil, or pulverized coal into firebox; or moves controls to regulate fuel feeding speed of automatic stoker.
- 2) Reads gauges and moves controls to maintain specified steam pressure, temperature, and water level in boiler.
- 3) Cleans burner, using tools, such as shovel, wire brush, and scraper.
- 4) May perform maintenance duties, such as cleaning boiler room and removing waste from building.
- 5) May be required to hold license issued by state or municipality.
Is being a "FIRER, LOW PRESSURE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRER, LOW PRESSURE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRER, LOW PRESSURE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRER, LOW PRESSURE"
Job Number: 4021