Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that burns condensed black liquor into black ash: Turns valves to regulate spray of black liquor into cyclone drier and flow of air through drier to dry black liquor to specified concentration.
- 2) Determines moisture content of liquor, using moisture testing equipment.
- 3) As directed, turns rheostat to adjust mechanism in mixing tank to feed salt cake into black liquor prior to burning.
- 4) Turns valves as directed to channel steam into evaporators or into main line.
- 5) Pushes steam lance through boiler tubes or turns crank that rotates steam jets through boiler to blow out soot and sludge.
- 6) Scrapes sludge from interior of furnace, using scraper and rake.
Is being a "FIRER HELPER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRER HELPER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRER HELPER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRER HELPER"
Job Number: 4016