Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Patrols assigned area of forest to locate and report fires and hazardous conditions and to ensure compliance with fire regulations by travelers and campers: Hikes or drives to vista points to scan for fires and unusual or dangerous conditions.
- 2) Reports findings and receives and relays emergency calls, using telephone or two-way radio.
- 3) Visits camping sites to inspect activities of campers and ensure compliance with forest use and fire regulations.
- 4) Gives instructions regarding sanitation, fire, and related forest regulations.
- 5) Extinguishes smaller fires with portable extinguisher, shovel, and ax.
- 6) Serves as crew leader for larger fires.
- 7) Renders assistance or first aid to lost or injured persons.
- 8) Participates in search for lost travelers or campers.
Is being a "FIRE RANGER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE RANGER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE RANGER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE RANGER"
Job Number: 4001