"FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs and drafts plans and estimates costs for installation of fire protection systems for facilities and structures, applying knowledge of drafting, physical science, engineering principles, and fire protection codes: Analyzes blueprints and specifications prepared by ARCHITECT to determine dimensions of system to meet fire protection codes.
- 2) Determines design and size of system components, using calculator or computer.
- 3) Drafts detailed drawing of system to ensure conformance to specifications and applicable codes.
- 4) May negotiate relocation of system components with SUPERINTENDENT, CONSTRUCTION to resolve conflicts of co-location with other systems.
- 5) May inspect fire-damaged structures to detect malfunctions.
- 6) May specialize in one type of fire protection system, such as foam, water, dry chemical, or vaporous gas or specialize in one type of establishment, such as construction, insurance, or government.
Is being a "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN"
Job Number: 4014