Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Advises and assists private and public organizations and military services for purposes of safeguarding life and property against fire, explosion, and related hazards: Makes studies of industrial, mercantile, and public buildings, homes, and other property before and after construction, considering factors, such as fire resistance of construction, usage or contents of buildings, water supplies and water delivery, and egress facilities.
- 2) Designs or recommends materials or equipment, such as structural components protection, fire-detection equipment, alarm systems, fire extinguishing devices and systems, and advises on location, handling, installation, and maintenance.
- 3) Recommends materials, equipment, or methods for alleviation of conditions conducive to fire.
- 4) Devises fire protection programs, and organizes and trains personnel to carry out such programs.
- 5) May evaluate fire departments and adequacy of laws, ordinances, and regulations affecting fire prevention or firesafety.
- 6) Conducts research and tests on fire retardants and firesafety of materials and devices and to determine fire causes and methods of fire prevention.
- 7) May determine fire causes and methods of fire prevention.
- 8) May teach courses on fire prevention and protection at accredited educational institutions.
- 9) May advise and plan for prevention of destruction by fire, wind, water, or other causes of damage.
Is being a "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE-PROTECTION ENGINEER"
Job Number: 4013