Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects buildings and equipment to detect fire hazards and enforce local ordinances and state laws: Observes tests of equipment, such as gasoline storage tanks and air compressors, and inspects storage conditions to ensure conformance to fire and safety codes.
- 2) Issues permits to attest to safe operating conditions.
- 3) Examines interiors and exteriors of buildings to detect hazardous conditions or violations of fire ordinances and laws.
- 4) Prepares report of violations or unsafe conditions.
- 5) Discusses condition with owner or manager and recommends safe methods of storing flammables or other hazardous materials.
- 6) Informs owner or manager of conditions requiring correction, such as faulty wiring.
- 7) Issues summons for fire hazards not corrected on subsequent inspection and enforces code when owner refuses to cooperate.
- 8) Keeps file of inspection records and prepares report of activities.
- 9) May perform duties of FIRE FIGHTER or FIRE CAPTAIN.
- 10) May collect fees for permits and licenses.
Is being a "FIRE INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 3997