Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls and extinguishes fires, protects life and property, and maintains equipment as volunteer or employee of city, township, or industrial plant: Responds to fire alarms and other emergency calls.
- 2) Selects hose nozzle, depending on type of fire, and directs stream of water or chemicals onto fire.
- 3) Positions and climbs ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings or to assist individuals from burning structures.
- 4) Creates openings in buildings for ventilation or entrance, using ax, chisel, crowbar, electric saw, core cutter, and other power equipment.
- 5) Protects property from water and smoke by use of waterproof salvage covers, smoke ejectors, and deodorants.
- 6) Administers first aid and artificial respiration to injured persons and those overcome by fire and smoke.
- 7) Communicates with superior during fire, using portable two-way radio.
- 8) Inspects buildings for fire hazards and compliance with fire prevention ordinances.
- 9) Performs assigned duties in maintaining apparatus, quarters, buildings, equipment, grounds, and hydrants.
- 10) Participates in drills, demonstrations, and courses in hydraulics, pump operation and maintenance, and firefighting techniques.
- 11) May fill fire extinguishers in institutions or industrial plants.
- 12) May issue forms to building owners, listing fire regulation violations to be corrected.
- 13) May drive and operate firefighting vehicles and equipment.
- 14) May be assigned duty in marine division of fire department and be designated Firefighter, Marine.
Is being a "FIRE FIGHTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE FIGHTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE FIGHTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE FIGHTER"
Job Number: 3994