"FIRE FIGHTER, CRASH, FIRE, AND RESCUE"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Responds to actual or potential air-crash emergencies to prevent or extinguish fires and rescue plane crew and passengers: Drives to scene of crash or to end of runway where distressed craft is expected to land.
- 2) Sprays chemical foam onto runway surface to minimize danger of fire and explosion on impact, and water fog or chemical agents onto craft after landing.
- 3) Participates in removal of trapped or injured crewmembers and passengers, using flame-cutting equipment if necessary to gain entry to damaged craft.
- 4) Renders first aid to injured.
- 5) Establishes firelines to prevent unauthorized persons from entering crash area.
- 6) May participate in removal or neutralization of explosive ordnance material when military aircraft is involved.
- 7) May deactivate aircraft electrical power to prevent fires or explosions.
Is being a "FIRE FIGHTER, CRASH, FIRE, AND RESCUE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE FIGHTER, CRASH, FIRE, AND RESCUE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE FIGHTER, CRASH, FIRE, AND RESCUE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE FIGHTER, CRASH, FIRE, AND RESCUE"
Job Number: 3995