Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects, tests, and repairs conduits and fire-fighting equipment to secure property against fires: Turns valves to force water through lines to test them for leaks, breaks, and stoppage.
- 2) Replaces and repairs defective sections of hoses and pipelines, using handtools.
- 3) Inserts wire rod in hose of fire extinguishers to remove stoppages.
- 4) Tests and cleans fire extinguishers and recharges them with solvents, sulfuric acid, carbon tetrachloride and chemicals.
- 5) Maintains inventory of equipment and fills out inspection tags and reports.
- 6) Reports unsatisfactory conditions to FIRE MARSHAL.
- 8) May service and drive firetruck.
- 9) May test for presence of gases, using gas scope or explosive meter.
Is being a "FIRE-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE-EQUIPMENT INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 4005