Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Directs activities of municipal fire department: Directs training of personnel and administers laws and regulations affecting department.
- 2) Evaluates fire prevention and fire control policies by keeping abreast of new methods and conducting studies of departmental operations.
- 3) Assumes personal command at multiple-alarm fires.
- 4) Supervises firefighters engaged in operation and maintenance of fire stations and equipment.
- 5) Coordinates mutual fire protection plans with surrounding municipalities.
- 6) Surveys buildings, grounds, and equipment to estimate needs of department and prepare departmental budget.
- 7) Confers with officials and community groups and conducts public relations campaigns to present need for changes in laws and policies and to encourage fire prevention.
- 8) May investigate causes of fires and inspect buildings for fire hazards.
- 9) May control issue of occupancy permits and similar licenses.
- 10) May perform duties of BATTALION CHIEF in smaller communities.
- 11) May be designated Chief Of Field Operations; District Fire Chief; or Fire Chief, Deputy in larger organizations.
Is being a "FIRE CHIEF" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE CHIEF" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE CHIEF"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE CHIEF"
Job Number: 3992