Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Supervises and coordinates activities of company of FIRE FIGHTERS assigned to specific firehouse: Inspects station house, buildings, grounds, and facilities, and examines firetrucks and equipment, such as ladders and hoses, to ensure compliance with departmental maintenance standards.
- 2) Responds to fire alarms and determines from observation nature and extent of fire, condition of building, danger to adjacent buildings, and source of water supply, and directs firefighting crews accordingly.
- 3) Trains subordinates in use of equipment and methods of extinguishing all types of fires.
- 4) Evaluates efficiency of personnel.
- 5) Inspects commercial establishments in assigned district and reports fire hazards or safety violations to FIRE INSPECTOR.
- 6) Compiles report of each fire call, listing location, type, probable cause, estimated damage, and disposition.
- 7) May respond to emergency calls to render first aid.
- 8) May recommend corrective measures for fire hazards or safety violations to building owners.
- 9) May conduct fire drills for occupants of buildings.
- 10) May supervise and coordinate activities of fire companies fighting multiple alarm fire until relieved by superiors.
- 11) May write and submit proposal for new equipment or modification of existing equipment to superiors.
- 12) May be designated Fire Lieutenant in larger organizations.
- 13) May be designated according to specialty as Fire Captain, Marine; Fire Lieutenant, Marine.
Is being a "FIRE CAPTAIN" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIRE CAPTAIN" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIRE CAPTAIN"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIRE CAPTAIN"
Job Number: 3991