"FINISHER, FIBERGLASS BOAT PARTS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Grinds, repairs, and cleans molded fiberglass parts preparatory to assembly into boats, using handtools and portable power tools: Attaches abrasive disk to grinder and grinds molded parts to remove excess fiberglass and smooth edges.
- 2) Checks flange of molded parts with thickness gauge to determine if more grinding is necessary.
- 3) Trims excess fiberglass extending from edge of boat hull, using chisel and mallet.
- 4) Inspects parts to detect defective areas and cuts out defective areas, using chisel and mallet or portable drill.
- 5) Applies putty to ground-out areas to repair surfaces, using trowel.
- 6) Waxes and polishes molded parts, using buffer, paste wax and cloth.
- 7) May paint repaired areas, using spray gun.
- 8) May install ballast forms in boat hull, using power hoist and handtools.
Is being a "FINISHER, FIBERGLASS BOAT PARTS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FINISHER, FIBERGLASS BOAT PARTS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FINISHER, FIBERGLASS BOAT PARTS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FINISHER, FIBERGLASS BOAT PARTS"
Job Number: 3975