Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Finishes brushes, performing any combination of following tasks: Holds wooden brush surface against sanding wheel and buffer to sand and polish brush heads and handles.
- 2) Trims, tapers, and shapes brush-filling material according to prescribed standards by pushing brush over rotary trimmer, feeding it into trimming machine, or holding brush over blades of clipping machine.
- 3) Removes dust and loose filling material by placing brush in centrifugal cleaning machine, holding it against cleaning brush, or feeding it into combing machine.
- 4) Dips brush handle in varnish or lacquer or sprays handle with varnish or lacquer and hangs it on rack to dry.
- 5) Paints identifying stripes on brush handle.
- 6) Examines brush for conformity to job specifications and defects and makes corrections, such as retouching varnished or lacquered surface and hand-trimming filling material.
- 7) Repairs cracked handles and bent ferrules.
- 8) Separates and reroutes brushes that cannot be repaired to corrective work station.
- 9) May flatten ferrule, using press machine, and nail band or ferrule to brush.
- 10) May attach handle to brush.
Is being a "FINISHER, BRUSH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FINISHER, BRUSH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FINISHER, BRUSH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FINISHER, BRUSH"
Job Number: 3973