Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Inspects completed furniture for defects in finish, construction, or upholstery, to ensure conformance with manufacturing standards: Verifies color, pattern, and grade of upholstery, using ticket specifications and shop orders.
- 2) Inspects upholstery cover for rips in fabric or seams.
- 3) Feels upholstery padding to determine if padding conforms to specified degree of firmness.
- 4) Examines wooden surfaces for defects in assembly, wood, or finish.
- 5) Marks defects with tape.
- 6) Removes wrinkles, using hand steamer and soil marks, using cleaning fluid.
- 7) May stamp or mark furniture to indicate acception or rejection.
- 8) May repair minor defects in finish, using heated blade, wax, lacquer, and stain stick.
- 9) May be designated according to inspection performed as Finish Inspector; or product inspected as Chair Inspector; Radio-And-Television-Cabinet Inspector; Sofa Inspector.
Is being a "FINISHED-STOCK INSPECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FINISHED-STOCK INSPECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FINISHED-STOCK INSPECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FINISHED-STOCK INSPECTOR"
Job Number: 3963