"FINE ARTS PACKER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Specifies types of packing materials, crating, containerization, and special handling procedures for shipping or storing art objects, scientific specimens, and historical artifacts to minimize damage and deterioration: Confers with curatorial personnel regarding status of museum projects and proposed shipping or transfer dates of exhibitions.
- 2) Develops methods and procedures for packing or containerization of art objects, according to weight and characteristics of shipment.
- 3) Selects protective or preservative materials, such as excelsior, chemical agents, or moistureproof wrapping, to protect shipment against vibration, moisture, impact, or other hazards.
- 4) Designs special crates, modules, brackets, and traveling frames to meet insurance and museum shipping specifications.
- 5) Shapes and contours internal support modules, based on size and type of paintings, sculptures, bronzes, glass, and other art objects.
- 6) Directs workers engaged in moving art objects from receiving or storage areas to galleries of museum, in packing shipments, or in rigging sculptures for installation of exhibition.
- 7) Inspects incoming shipment to detect damages for insurance purposes.
- 8) Keeps records and documents of incoming and outgoing shipments, or location of traveling exhibitions and loan materials.
- 9) Prepares and attaches written or pictorial instructions for unpacking, storage, or for exhibition of contents of shipment.
- 10) May specify type of carrier, such as barge, train, or messenger according to cost considerations and nature of shipment.
Is being a "FINE ARTS PACKER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FINE ARTS PACKER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FINE ARTS PACKER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FINE ARTS PACKER"
Job Number: 3953