Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Conducts final test on electrical equipment, such as generators, motors, motor generator sets, switchgear, and control apparatus to determine conformity to specifications, using electrical testing equipment, measuring instruments, and mechanics' and electricians' handtools: Sets up test circuit by connecting unit to power supply, resistors, transformers, meters, and test panels in prescribed sequence.
- 2) Operates and tests unit under specified conditions by moving levers, handwheels, knobs, and pushbuttons to apply prescribed voltages and current.
- 3) Observes instruments, such as meters, tachometer, vibrometer, oscilloscope, thermometer, and potentiometer, and makes calculations, using slide rule, to determine resistance, starting torque heat, load, saturation, and other electrical characteristics.
- 4) Observes and measures mechanical performance, such as ventilation, bearing noise, airgap, and end play, using micrometers, verniers, torsion meters, and other measuring and testing devices.
- 5) Adjusts controls, such as resistors, relays, and circuit breakers to correct malfunctions.
- 6) Records findings in test log and forwards findings to engineering department for analysis.
- 7) May conduct dynamometer test on large motors and generators.
- 8) May diagnose mechanical or electrical difficulties and suggest changes in design and operating function to engineering department.
- 9) May mount units to test base.
Is being a "FINAL TESTER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FINAL TESTER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FINAL TESTER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FINAL TESTER"
Job Number: 3949