"FILTER WASHER AND PRESSER"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends equipment that cleans and reshapes cotton, silk, or woodpulp used as filtering material in filter press to filter liquids, such as alcoholic beverages, gelatin, and glue: Removes dirty filter cakes from filter press, using handtools.
- 2) Transfers filter cakes from filter press, using handtruck, and drops filter cakes into prebreaker machine that reduces filter cakes to loose, wet pulp.
- 3) Pumps wet pulp to washing machine.
- 4) Opens valves to admit and circulate water or steam in washer.
- 5) Opens screen-covered drain in bottom of washer and continues washing pulp until drain-water runs clear.
- 6) Pumps clean pulp to storage tank.
- 7) Opens valve to move pulp from storage tank into hydraulic press.
- 8) Starts hydraulic press that squeezes water from pulp and forms pulp into filter cake.
- 9) Removes clean filter cake from hydraulic press, and transfers clean filter cake to filter press, using handtruck.
- 10) Washes filter press plates, using hose and hot water.
- 11) Installs filter cake into filter press, using handtools.
Is being a "FILTER WASHER AND PRESSER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FILTER WASHER AND PRESSER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FILTER WASHER AND PRESSER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FILTER WASHER AND PRESSER"
Job Number: 3923