"FILTER-PRESS TENDER, HEAD"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends filter presses that remove solids, such as carbon, proteins, and filtracell, from solution to produce glucose syrup of standard color and clarity: Turns valves to control flow of material through press.
- 2) Folds and jams edges of filter cloths between plates to seal leaks in press, using sharp-edged tool.
- 3) Observes gauges for increased pressure which indicate need for cleaning presses, and notifies PRESS PULLERS when cleaning is required.
- 4) Starts agitator and pumps that transfer filtrate into tank.
- 5) Washes filter cloths in washing machine.
- 6) May add activated carbon to tank to decolorize filtrate.
- 7) May tend vacuum or cloth filter press that removes water from corn tailings used in preparing stock feed and be known as Press Tender, Head, Feed House.
Is being a "FILTER-PRESS TENDER, HEAD" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FILTER-PRESS TENDER, HEAD" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FILTER-PRESS TENDER, HEAD"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FILTER-PRESS TENDER, HEAD"
Job Number: 3929