Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Finishes and fits together metal small arms parts preparatory to assembly, using handtools and machine tools: Removes burrs and rounds sharp edges, using hammer, chisel, files, and scrapers.
- 2) Sets up and operates drill press and speed lathe, equipped with rotary file or abrasive wheel to remove burrs, smooth interior surfaces of reamed and tapped holes, and to spot face.
- 3) Polishes movable parts to ensure smoothness of action, using bench polishing jack.
- 4) Calculates amount of metal to be removed from parts, using micrometer, scales, and gauges, and files excess metal from parts.
- 5) Trial fits parts to ensure accurate fit.
- 6) May imprint serial numbers on parts, using hammer and punch dies.
- 7) May repair and refinish damaged parts returned by customer and be designated Filer Repairer.
Is being a "FILER, FINISH" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FILER, FINISH" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FILER, FINISH"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FILER, FINISH"
Job Number: 3881