"FILE CLERK I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Files records in alphabetical or numerical order, or according to subject matter or other system: Reads incoming material and sorts according to file system.
- 2) Places cards, forms, microfiche, or other material in storage receptacle, such as file cabinet, drawer, or box.
- 3) Locates and removes files upon request.
- 4) Keeps records of material removed, stamps material received, traces missing files, and types indexing information on folders.
- 5) May verify accuracy of material to be filed.
- 6) May enter information on records.
- 7) May examine microfilm and microfiche for legibility, using microfilm and microfiche viewers.
- 8) May color-code material to be filed to reduce filing errors.
- 9) May be designated according to subject matter filed, such as Change-of-Address Clerk; or according to material filed, such as File Clerk, Correspondence.
Is being a "FILE CLERK I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FILE CLERK I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FILE CLERK I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FILE CLERK I"
Job Number: 3876