Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Negotiates contracts with growers to raise or purchase crops, such as fruits and vegetables, performing any combination of the following duties: Contacts grower to negotiate contracts and to explain terms and conditions of contract and contractual responsibilities.
- 2) Determines production possibilities of land by studying data, such as history of crop rotation, type and fertility of soil, location, topography, and irrigation facilities.
- 3) Negotiates amount of acreage to be planted or purchased and selects fields to be planted.
- 4) Advises grower on preparing land, planting, cultivating, thinning, harvesting, and related problems.
- 5) Supplies seed and fertilizer.
- 6) May estimate crop yield.
- 7) Arranges for financing and advances funds to purchase supplies and equipment or services of contractor.
- 8) May arrange for loans of company-owned machinery.
- 9) Arranges for transportation of crops to processing plants.
- 10) Inspects growing crops for evidence of disease and insect damage and recommends corrective measures.
- 11) May assist in recruiting extra labor during peak seasons.
- 12) May conduct lectures for farm groups on specific phases of agricultural activities.
- 13) May write articles for publication and for scientific groups.
- 14) May specialize in one crop and be designated according to crop bought.
Is being a "FIELD CONTRACTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIELD CONTRACTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIELD CONTRACTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIELD CONTRACTOR"
Job Number: 3856