Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Laminates layers of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks and hulls, or fiberglass bodies of golf carts: Selects precut fiberglass mat, cloth, and woodbracing materials, according to model number of boat or golf cart.
- 2) Places layers of mat and cloth in mold and smooths out wrinkles by hand.
- 3) Trims excess material from mold, using hand shears.
- 4) Mixes catalyst into resin and saturates cloth and mat with mixture, using brush.
- 5) Works saturated mat and cloth into shape of mold with hands and squeegee, to remove air bubbles and smooth surfaces.
- 6) Bonds wood reinforcing strips to deck and cabin structures, using resin-saturated fiberglass.
- 7) Cuts hardened fiberglass from mold with trimming knife.
- 8) May specialize in molding part of boat and be designated Deck Molder; Hull Molder.
- 9) May install stringers and flooring in hull.
- 10) May inspect, clean, and assemble molds prior to start of work.
- 11) May apply wax to surface of mold to facilitate assembly and removal of laminated parts.
- 12) May apply resin to surfaces of mold prior to placement of fiberglass mats.
Is being a "FIBERGLASS LAMINATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIBERGLASS LAMINATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIBERGLASS LAMINATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIBERGLASS LAMINATOR"
Job Number: 3846