Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Sets up and operates fiberglass drawing machine to form fiberglass dowels: Mounts specified dies in soak tank and curing tables, using handtools.
- 2) Sets stop at end of curing table, according to specified length of dowel, and turns switches to start electrical heating units along curing tables.
- 3) Pours specified amounts of resin and catalyst into mixer, starts mixer, and pours mixture, after specified period, into soak tank.
- 4) Mounts spools of fiberglass roving on spindles, draws strands through guides into soak tank, and starts ends of resin soaked fibers through preform die.
- 5) Attaches fiberglass strands to end of previous dowel, or ties strands to wire, and draws fibers through diameter control tube.
- 6) Starts motor to draw fiberglass through soak tank, preform die, diameter control tubes, and curing oven.
- 7) Saws off cured dowels at specified length or removes dowels cut by automatic cutoff saw.
- 8) Observes color and shape of dowels for conformance to standards.
- 9) Adjusts controls to regulate temperature of oven and drawing speed to obtain conformance to standards.
Is being a "FIBERGLASS-DOWEL-DRAWING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIBERGLASS-DOWEL-DRAWING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIBERGLASS-DOWEL-DRAWING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIBERGLASS-DOWEL-DRAWING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3849