Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following duties to fabricate fiberglass air containers used in hydraulic systems: Assembles hemispherical mold or mandrel sections of lead alloy to form sphere.
- 2) Covers sphere with rubber-liner halves and cements halves together.
- 3) Examines rubber covering for defects.
- 4) Attaches threaded fittings onto rubber lining at top and bottom of sphere.
- 5) Inserts shaft through fitting opening into sphere and screws into place, using wrench.
- 6) Weighs resin and catalyst in specified amounts and mixes them with agitator.
- 7) Mounts sphere in winding machine and applies resin to surface, using brush.
- 8) Starts machine that winds fiberglass yarn around sphere.
- 9) Measures tension of fiberglass using tensiometer, and adjusts tension arm.
- 10) Removes and weighs fiberglass-covered sphere.
- 11) Records weight on production sheet.
- 12) Places covered spheres in electric oven to bake and dry for specified time.
- 13) Removes and weighs spheres.
- 14) Mounts spheres on steam unit to melt and remove mold.
- 15) Turns valve to admit steam into sphere.
- 16) Turns spigot to discharge molten alloy.
- 17) Weighs sphere and records weight.
- 18) Performs hydrostatic tests on completed spherical containers at various pressures.
- 19) Connects fitting on container to water pipe in safety tank.
- 20) Turns water valves and starts pump to increase pressure in container to specified level.
Is being a "FIBERGLASS-CONTAINER-WINDING OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIBERGLASS-CONTAINER-WINDING OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIBERGLASS-CONTAINER-WINDING OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIBERGLASS-CONTAINER-WINDING OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3848