Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Studies nature, origin, use, improvement, and processing methods of plant, animal, and synthetic fibers: Analyzes wool, mohair, cashmere, camel's hair, alpaca, bristles, feathers, and similar animal and fowl fibers, plant fibers, such as cotton, linen, and jute, and synthetic fibers and products made from these fibers.
- 2) Applies principles of science to improve growth and quality of fibers.
- 3) Conducts experiments in blending fibers and develops improved manufacturing methods for converting fibers into articles, such as cloth, felts, rugs, mattresses, and brushes.
- 4) Conducts tests on fibrous structures for quality control, such as tensile strength and stability to heat, light, and chemicals.
- 5) May be identified according to fibers studied.
Is being a "FIBER TECHNOLOGIST" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIBER TECHNOLOGIST" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIBER TECHNOLOGIST"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIBER TECHNOLOGIST"
Job Number: 3845