Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more machines that form fiberglass filaments from molten glass and combine filaments into sliver: Pulls fiberglass filaments extruded through bushing over sleeve where binding solution is applied and into groove of graphite shoe that binds filaments into single strand of sliver.
- 2) Passes sliver strand through opening in floor to FLOOR WINDER on floor below who winds sliver onto tubes.
- 3) Patrols and observes bushings to detect defects, such as clogged bushings, beads, bead straps, and defective binder applicators.
- 4) Stops machine and removes beads or bead straps from bushing with wire pick to unclog bushing.
- 5) Notifies YARDAGE-CONTROL OPERATOR, FORMING or FORMING-MACHINE ADJUSTER of defective product or machine operation.
- 6) Turns petcocks to adjust flow of binding fluid to sleeves.
- 7) May turn rheostat to obtain specified temperature in electric furnace where glass is melted.
- 8) May fill furnace hopper with glass marbles and adjust feed mechanisms so that marbles enter furnace at specified rate.
- 9) May be designated according to length and fineness of fibers produced as Staple-Fiber-Machine Tender.
Is being a "FIBER-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FIBER-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FIBER-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FIBER-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 3851