Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates power ferryboat to transport passengers, motor vehicles, and freight across river: Signals passengers to board ferryboat and directs loading of motor vehicles and freight.
- 2) Signals DECKHAND to raise loading ramp and to pull guard chain across entry.
- 3) Starts engine to move ferryboat to opposite side of body of water.
- 4) Collects fares from customers or signals FERRYBOAT-OPERATOR HELPER to collect fares.
- 5) Determines course and speed of ferryboat, utilizing knowledge of weather conditions and water currents.
- 6) Reverses engines and steers boat into landing pier.
- 7) Inspects, lubricates, and performs emergency repairs to railings, pontoons, and winches to ensure safe operation of ferry.
- 8) May maintain operations log.
Is being a "FERRYBOAT OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FERRYBOAT OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FERRYBOAT OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FERRYBOAT OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3840