Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends tanks that convert crushed fruit or must into wines by either of following methods: Dumps or shovels specified amounts of crushed fruits into wine tanks and starts pump to admit premeasured amounts of syrup.
- 2) Turns valve to admit compressed air into tank and allows mash to ferment for specified period of time.
- 3) Pours and dumps specified amount of chemicals and yeast into tank containing must to prevent bacteria growth and induce fermentation.
- 4) Starts pump to circulate must to enrich color and flavor of wine.
- 5) Starts pump to circulate must through heat exchanger as required to prolong fermentation, according to temperature readings.
- 6) Turns valve to admit compressed air into must when producing sparkling burgundy and champagne.
- 7) Starts pump to transfer fermented mash or wine into storage tanks.
- 8) May pump fermented wine through filter equipment to remove sediment.
- 9) May meter out specified amounts of sugar and water into automatic mixing tank to produce syrup.
- 10) May be designated according to type of wine produced as Fermenter, Champagne.
Is being a "FERMENTER, WINE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FERMENTER, WINE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FERMENTER, WINE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FERMENTER, WINE"
Job Number: 3839