Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Controls fermentation process of sweet or sour mash inoculated with yeast to produce fermented mash for use in distillation of distilled liquors: Pumps specified number of gallons of cooked mash and yeast into fermentation tank, simultaneously, to ensure that mash and yeast are thoroughly mixed together.
- 2) Opens valves to admit specified number of gallons of water into mixture, according to formula.
- 3) Opens valves to circulate steam through coil pipes in tank to heat mixture to prescribed temperature.
- 4) Turns valves to admit and control air pressure that agitates mixture as it ferments or to accelerate chemical reaction of yeast.
- 5) Observes gauges or dials to ascertain that prescribed temperature and gas pressure are remaining constant in tank.
- 6) Tests mash at prescribed intervals to determine temperature and specific gravity, using thermometer and alcohol-proof hydrometer.
- 7) Compares test results with standard charts to determine when mixture is fully cooked.
- 8) Regulates steam, air, and gas pressure in tank to ensure that chemical reaction of yeast and fermentation process is taking place, according to formula.
- 9) Pumps sour mash into cistern tank, preparatory to distilling.
- 10) Cleans tanks by rinsing them with water.
Is being a "FERMENTATION OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FERMENTATION OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FERMENTATION OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FERMENTATION OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3837