Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Erects and repairs metal and wooden fences and fence gates around industrial establishments, residences, or farms, using power tools and handtools: Lays out fence line, using tape measure, and marks positions for postholes.
- 2) Digs postholes with spade, posthole digger, or power-driven auger.
- 3) Blasts rock formations with dynamite to facilitate digging of postholes.
- 4) Sets metal or wooden post in upright position in posthole.
- 5) Mixes concrete by hand or by use of cement mixer.
- 6) Pours concrete around base of post or tamps soil into posthole to embed post.
- 7) Aligns posts, using line or by sighting along edges of posts.
- 8) Verifies vertical alignment of posts with plumb bob or spirit level.
- 9) Attaches fence-rail support to post, using hammer and pliers.
- 10) Cuts metal tubing, using pipe cutter and inserts tubing through rail supports.
- 11) Completes top fence rail of metal fence by connecting tube sections by use of metal sleeves.
- 12) Attaches rails or tension wire along bottoms of posts to form fencing frame.
- 13) Stretches wire, wire mesh, or chain link fencing between posts and attaches fencing to frame.
- 14) Assembles gate and fastens it in position, using handtools.
- 15) Saws required lengths of lumber to make rails for wooden fence.
- 16) Nails top and bottom rails to fence posts, or inserts them in slots on posts.
- 17) Nails pointed slats to rails to construct picket fence.
- 18) Erects alternate panel, basket weave, and louvered fences.
- 19) May weld metal parts together, using portable gas welding equipment.
- 20) May be designated according to material used as Metal-Fence Erector; Wire-Fence Erector; Wooden-Fence Erector; or according to specific duty performed as Fence-Gate Assembler; Fence Setter; Fence Stretcher.
Is being a "FENCE ERECTOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FENCE ERECTOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FENCE ERECTOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FENCE ERECTOR"
Job Number: 3833