Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Operates felting machine to attach reinforcing burlap to felt strips or to compress several layers of felt by means of heat and pressure: Suspends roll of burlap and two bats of felt over conveyor belt.
- 2) Starts conveyor and unrolls felt strips, with burlap strip between felt strips, onto conveyor.
- 3) Opens steam valves or water sprays to moisten felt passing through steam chamber or beneath sprays.
- 4) Stops conveyor when bed of hydraulic press is covered by felt strip.
- 5) Opens steam valves to heat press bed.
- 6) Starts oscillating hydraulic ram that compresses felt.
- 7) Laps end of felt bat to ends of other bats to form continuous strip.
- 8) Plucks foreign matter from felt surfaces with tweezers and spreads loose felt over thin spots to produce uniform products.
- 9) Straightens layers of stock on press bed to remove wrinkled stock.
Is being a "FELTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FELTING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FELTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FELTING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3827