Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines that mix stock or poultry feed according to formula and conveys it to packing machine or storage: Dumps specified number of sacks of meal, mash, grain, and meat scrap into machine hopper, or presses buttons on control panel to transfer individual ingredients from separate bins to batch scale hopper until specified weight of each ingredient is obtained.
- 2) Weighs additives, such as minerals and vitamins, and dumps them into hopper.
- 3) Starts machine to mix ingredients, and starts elevators and conveyors to transfer feed to storage tanks or packing machine hoppers.
- 4) May match color of mix with standard sample by adjusting automatic feeder controls to regulate amount of ingredient in mix.
- 5) May adjust nozzles, rheostat, or steam controls to spray heated molasses onto feed.
- 6) May record weight of feed mixed or ingredients used.
- 7) May be designated according to type of feed mixed as Dairy-Feed-Mixing Operator; Poultry-Feed-Mixer Operator; or according to ingredient mixed with feed as Limer; Molasses-Feed Mixer.
- 8) May tend machines that automatically weigh out specified amounts of mash and grain prior to mixing with ingredients and be designated Feeder Operator, Automatic.
Is being a "FEED MIXER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FEED MIXER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FEED MIXER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FEED MIXER"
Job Number: 3812