Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Designs men's, women's, and childrens clothing and accessories: Analyzes fashion trends and predictions, confers with sales and management executives, compares leather, fabrics, and other apparel materials, and integrates findings with personal interests, tastes, and knowledge of design to create new designs for clothing, shoes, handbags, and other accessories.
- 2) Sketches rough and detailed drawings of apparel and writes specifications describing factors, such as color scheme, construction, and type of material to be used.
- 3) Confers with and coordinates activities of workers who draw and cut patterns and construct garments to fabricate sample garment.
- 4) Examines sample garment on and off model and modifies design as necessary to achieve desired effect.
- 5) May draw pattern for article designed, using measuring and drawing instruments.
- 7) May construct sample, using sewing equipment.
- 8) May arrange for showing of sample garments at sales meetings or fashion shows.
- 9) May attend fashion and fabric shows to observe new fashions and materials.
- 10) May be identified according to specific group designed for, such as men, women, or children or areas of specialization, such as sportswear, coats, dresses, suits, lingerie, or swimwear.
- 11) May design custom garments for clients and be designated Custom Garment Designer.
- 12) May conduct research and design authentic period, country, or social class costumes to be worn by film, television, concert, stage, and other performers and be designated Costume Designer.
- 13) May design, fabricate, repair, and sell leather articles and be designated Leather Crafter.
- 14) May design, copy, or modify clothing accessories and be designated according to article designed as Handbag Designer; Hat Designer; or Shoe Designer.
Is being a "FASHION DESIGNER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FASHION DESIGNER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FASHION DESIGNER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FASHION DESIGNER"
Job Number: 3791