"FARMWORKER, VEGETABLE II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plants, cultivates, and harvests vegetables, working as crewmember: Dumps seed into hopper of planter towed by tractor.
- 2) Rides on planter and brushes debris from seed spouts that discharge seeds into plowed furrow.
- 3) Plants roots and bulbs, using hoe or trowel.
- 4) Covers plants with sheet or caps of treated cloth or paper to protect plants from weather.
- 5) Weeds and thins blocks of plants, using hoe or spoon-shaped tool.
- 6) Transplants seedlings, using hand transplanter or by placing seedlings in rotating planting wheel while riding on power-drawn transplanter.
- 7) Sets bean poles and strings them with wire or twine.
- 8) Closes and ties leaves over heads of cauliflower and other cabbage and cabbagelike plants.
- 9) Picks, cuts, pulls, or lifts crops to harvest them.
- 10) Ties vegetables in bunches and removes tops from root crops.
- 11) Pitches vine crops into viner, using pitchfork or electric fork and boom, and cleans up spilled vines.
- 12) May participate in irrigation activities.
- 13) May be identified with work assigned, such as blocking, cutting, and stringing, or with crop raised, such as asparagus, beans, and celery.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, VEGETABLE II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, VEGETABLE II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, VEGETABLE II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, VEGETABLE II"
Job Number: 3789