Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combinations of following duties concerned with raising poultry for eggs and meat: Removes chicks from shipping cartons and places them in brooder houses.
- 2) Cleans and fills feeders and water containers.
- 3) Sprays poultry houses with disinfectants and vaccines.
- 4) Inspects poultry for diseases and removes weak, ill, and dead poultry from flock.
- 5) Collects eggs from trap nests, releases hens from nests, and records number of eggs laid by each hen.
- 6) Packs eggs in cases or cartons; selects, weighs, and crates fryers and pullets; and records totals packed or crated on shipping or storage document.
- 7) Maintains feeding and breeding reports.
- 8) Monitors feed, water, illumination, and ventilation systems; and cleans, adjusts, lubricates, and replaces systems parts, using handtools.
- 9) May cut off tips of beaks.
- 10) May be designated according to type of farm or product as Farmworker, Brooder Farm; Farmworker, Chicken Farm; Farmworker, Egg-Producing Farm; Farmworker, Fryer Farm; Farmworker, Pullet Farm; Farmworker, Turkey Farm.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, POULTRY" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, POULTRY" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, POULTRY"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, POULTRY"
Job Number: 3786