Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks to attend livestock, such as cattle, sheep, swine, and goats on farm or ranch: Mixes feed and additives, fills feed troughs with feed, and waters livestock.
- 2) Herds livestock to pasture for grazing.
- 3) Examines animals to detect diseases and injuries.
- 4) Vaccinates animals by placing vaccine in drinking water or feed or using syringes and hypodermic needles.
- 5) Applies medications to cuts and bruises, sprays livestock with insecticide, and herds them into insecticide bath.
- 6) Confines livestock in stalls, washes and clips them to prepare them for calving, and assists VETERINARIAN in delivery of offspring.
- 7) Binds or clamps testes or surgically removes testes to castrate livestock.
- 8) Clips identifying notches or symbols on animal or brands animal, using branding iron, to indicate ownership.
- 9) Clamps metal rings into nostrils of livestock to permit easier handling and prevent rooting.
- 10) Docks lambs, using hand snips.
- 11) Cleans livestock stalls and sheds, using disinfectant solutions, brushes, and shovels.
- 12) Grooms, clips, and trims animals for exhibition.
- 13) May maintain ranch buildings and equipment.
- 14) May plant, cultivate, and harvest feed grain for stock.
- 15) May maintain breeding, feeding, and cost records.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, LIVESTOCK" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, LIVESTOCK" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, LIVESTOCK"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, LIVESTOCK"
Job Number: 3784