"FARMWORKER, FRUIT II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs any combination of following tasks involved in planting, cultivating, and harvesting fruits and nuts, such as cranberries, apples, and pecans, according to instructions from supervisor or farmer: Tills soil, plants stock, prunes trees and bushes, and removes suckers and runners from vines and plants, using tools such as shovels, hoes, tampers, pruning hooks, and shears.
- 2) Sprays plants with prescribed herbicides, fungicides, and pesticides to control diseases and insects.
- 3) Removes blossoms and thins fruit to improve fruit quality.
- 5) May light smudge pots and torches or start wind machines that heat and circulate air about crop during cold weather to minimize frost damage.
- 6) May lay out irrigation pipes, install sprinklers, and open and adjust water valves and gates to irrigate assigned fields.
- 7) May repair wire fences and farm buildings, using handtools such as hammers and saws.
- 8) May load and unload trucks.
- 9) May guide harvester discharge spout over wooden bins to load fruit on trailer.
- 10) May bag or box harvested fruit.
- 11) May lay harvested fruit on trays in sun to sun-dry fruit.
- 12) May clean, lubricate, and adjust farm machinery, such as weeders and harvesters, using tools such as wrenches and grease guns.
- 13) May clear and burn roots and brush and gather ladders and containers to clean fields.
- 14) May be identified with tasks being performed, such as thinning, smudging, and picking.
- 15) May be designated according to crop grown as Farmworker, Berry; Farmworker, Cranberry; or according to work location as Laborer, Orchard; Laborer, Vineyard.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, FRUIT II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, FRUIT II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, FRUIT II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, FRUIT II"
Job Number: 3779