"FARMWORKER, FRUIT I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives and operates farm machinery to plant, cultivate, spray, and harvest fruit and nut crops, such as apples, oranges, strawberries, and pecans: Attaches farm implements, such as plow, planter, fertilizer applicator, and harvester to tractor and drives tractor in fields to prepare soil and plant, fertilize, and harvest crops.
- 2) Mixes chemical ingredients and sprays trees, vines, and grounds with solutions to control insects, fungus and weed growth, and diseases.
- 3) Removes excess growth from trees and vines to improve fruit quality, using pruning saws and clippers.
- 4) Irrigates soil, using portable-pipe or ditch system.
- 5) Picks fruit during harvest.
- 6) Drives truck or tractor to transport materials, supplies, workers, and products.
- 7) Makes adjustments and minor repairs to farm machinery.
- 8) May thin blossoms, runners, and immature fruit to obtain better-quality fruit.
- 9) May select, cut, and graft stock-wood onto tree stem or trunk to propagate fruit and nut trees.
- 10) May spray trees in spring to loosen and remove surplus fruit, and in fall to prevent early dropping and discoloration of fruit.
- 11) May prop limbs to prevent them from breaking under weight of fruit.
- 12) May start fans that circulate air or light smudge pots or torches to prevent frost damage.
- 13) May be identified with work being performed, such as picking, plowing, and spraying; or according to crop worked such as cherries, cranberries, lemons, or walnuts.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, FRUIT I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, FRUIT I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, FRUIT I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, FRUIT I"
Job Number: 3778