"FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP II"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plants, cultivates, and harvests field crops, such as cotton, hops, and tobacco, working as crewmember: Plants seeds or digs up and transplants seedlings and sets, using handtools such as hoes and scoops.
- 2) Chops out weeds, thins plants to leave sturdier plants spaced at regular intervals, and hills up soil around plant roots to retain moisture and protect roots from temperature extremes, using hoe.
- 3) Cuts vines from trellis, using knife, or pulls leaves from stalks to harvest crop.
- 4) Stacks or packs crop in containers and loads containers on trucks or wagons.
- 5) May propagate plants in covered cold-frame beds and pull up seedlings to be transplanted.
- 6) May set up poles, string wires and twine among poles to form trellises, and secure plants and cloth netting to trellis structure to support growing plants and provide shade.
- 7) May cut or pull away tops, leaves, and suckers from plants during growing season.
- 8) May spray fungicides and pesticides on plants to destroy diseases and insects, using hand or engine-powered pump sprayer.
- 9) May stack empty harvest containers in field area.
- 10) May sharpen hoes, using portable grinding wheel and hand file.
- 11) May be identified with task performed, such as pole setting, raking, suckering, and picking, or according to crop as Cotton Farmworker; Hops Farmworker; Tobacco Farmworker.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP II" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP II" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP II"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP II"
Job Number: 3777