"FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Performs following duties to prepare fields and plant, cultivate, and harvest field crops, such as cotton and hops: Attaches farm implements, such as disk harrow and weed cutter, to tractor, using bolts and mechanic's handtools.
- 2) Drives tractor to field and tows attached implement back and forth across field or between crop rows, manipulating levers that activate and position implement parts to till soil.
- 3) Loads and drives truck to transport farm supplies and tools, such as fertilizer and pesticide chemicals, trellis poles and wires, hoes and shovels, harvested crops, and farm workers to specified locations.
- 4) Drives and operates self-propelled harvest machine to harvest crop.
- 5) Adds oil, gasoline, and water to appropriate tanks on machinery.
- 6) Makes minor mechanical adjustments and repairs on farm machinery, paints farm structures, and replaces fence and trellis wires when weather and season preclude driving activities.
- 8) May oversee work crew engaged in planting, weeding, or harvesting activities.
- 9) May weigh crop-filled containers and record weights.
- 10) May spray fertilizer and pesticide solutions in assigned areas.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, FIELD CROP I"
Job Number: 3776