"FARMWORKER, DIVERSIFIED CROPS I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Drives and operates farm machines to grow and harvest combination of kinds of crops, such as grain, fruit, and vegetable: Attaches farm implements, such as plow, seed drill, and manure spreader to tractor, and drives tractor and operates implements in fields to till soil and plant, cultivate, and fertilize crops, such as sugar beets, asparagus, wheat, onions, and mint.
- 2) Thins and weeds plants, such as field corn, lima beans, fresh peas, and dry beans, using handtools, such as hoes and shovels or power-drawn implement.
- 3) Irrigates fields to provide moisture for crop growth, according to irrigation method appropriate for crops or locality.
- 4) May mix chemical solutions, such as pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, and spray crops.
- 5) May oversee activities of seasonal workers, and keep workers' time records.
- 6) May adjust and maintain farm machines.
Is being a "FARMWORKER, DIVERSIFIED CROPS I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMWORKER, DIVERSIFIED CROPS I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMWORKER, DIVERSIFIED CROPS I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMWORKER, DIVERSIFIED CROPS I"
Job Number: 3774