Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Raises vegetables: Determines kind and amount of crop to be grown, according to market conditions, weather, and size and location of farm.
- 2) Selects and purchases seed, fertilizer, and farm machinery and arranges with buyers for sale of crop.
- 3) Hires and directs farm workers engaged in planting, cultivating, and harvesting crop, such as beans, onions, and peas.
- 4) Performs various duties of farm workers, depending on size and nature of farm, including setting up and operating farm machinery.
- 5) May grow vegetables in greenhouse to produce out-of-season crops.
- 6) May grow variety of vegetables and be designated Truck Farmer.
- 7) May specialize in growing single vegetable and be designated by name of vegetable as Onion Farmer.
Is being a "FARMER, VEGETABLE" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMER, VEGETABLE" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMER, VEGETABLE"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMER, VEGETABLE"
Job Number: 3768