"FARMER, TREE-FRUIT-AND-NUT CROPS"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Plants and cultivates trees, such as apple, orange, and walnut, and harvests fruit and nut crops, applying knowledge of horticulture and market conditions: Determines varieties and quantities of trees to be grown, acreage to be tilled, and employees to be hired.
- 2) Selects and purchases tree stock and farm machines, implements, and supplies.
- 3) Decides when and how to plant, bud, graft, cultivate, irrigate, and prune trees and harvest crop, based on knowledge of tree-crop culture.
- 4) Attaches farm implements, such as plow, disc, and harrow, to tractor and drives tractor in fields to till soil.
- 5) Plants root stock, applies fertilizers, insecticides, and fungicides, and irrigates fields.
- 6) Prunes growing trees to develop desired size and shape.
- 7) Assigns duties to farmhands and explains orchard work techniques and safety regulations to inexperienced workers.
- 8) Maintains employee and financial records.
- 9) Arranges with buyers for sale of crops.
- 10) Lubricates, adjusts, and makes minor repairs on farm machinery, implements, and equipment, using oilcan, grease gun, and handtools.
- 11) May bud and graft stock.
- 12) May plant ground crops to shade ground, conserve moisture, and improve soil.
- 13) May be designated according to crop grown as Apple Grower; Cherry Grower; Filbert Grower; Lemon Grower; Nut Orchardist; Orange Grower.
- 14) May be designated: Peach Grower; Pecan Grower; Tung-Nut Grower; Walnut Grower.
Is being a "FARMER, TREE-FRUIT-AND-NUT CROPS" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARMER, TREE-FRUIT-AND-NUT CROPS" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARMER, TREE-FRUIT-AND-NUT CROPS"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARMER, TREE-FRUIT-AND-NUT CROPS"
Job Number: 3767