Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends machines, such as corn shelling machine, winnowing machine, and grass-removing machine that separate crops from waste materials, such as grass, twigs, and cobs: Turns switches to activate machinery, such as conveyors, blowers, and shakers.
- 2) Adjusts machinery to obtain optimum separations.
- 3) Loads conveyors, hoppers, and wheels to feed machines.
- 4) Positions boxes or attaches bags at discharge end of conveyor to catch products.
- 5) Moves baffle lever that channels product flow to container or stops flow during container exchanges.
- 6) Observes machine operation to detect malfunctions and adjusts machine, lubricates parts, and replaces pieces to improve performance.
- 7) Stops machinery and pulls debris or overloads from conveyors to avoid clogging.
- 8) May level and smooth materials on conveyor to regulate flow through machine.
- 9) May weigh containers to ensure conformance with specifications.
- 10) May close filled sacks, using needle and thread or tie-string, and stencil identifying information on sack.
- 11) May mix and pour chemical solutions, such as preservatives and insecticides, in treating tanks.
- 12) May transport materials and products to and from machine, using dump truck.
- 13) May be identified with machine tended.
Is being a "FARM-MACHINE TENDER" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARM-MACHINE TENDER" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARM-MACHINE TENDER"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARM-MACHINE TENDER"
Job Number: 3770