"FARM-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I"
Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Maintains, repairs, and overhauls farm machinery, equipment, and vehicles, such as tractors, harvesters, pumps, tilling equipment, trucks, and other mechanized, electrically powered, or motor-driven equipment, on farms or in farm-equipment repair shops: Examines and listens to machines, motors, gasoline and diesel engines, and equipment for operational defects and dismantles defective units, using handtools.
- 2) Repairs or replaces defective parts, using handtools and machine tools, such as drill press, lathe, milling machine, woodworking machines, welding equipment, grinders, and saws.
- 3) Reassembles, adjusts, and lubricates machines and equipment to ensure efficient operation.
- 4) May install and repair wiring and motors to maintain farm electrical system.
- 5) May install and repair plumbing systems on farm.
- 6) May construct and repair buildings and other farm structures.
- 7) May assemble and erect new farm machinery and equipment.
- 8) May be designated according to equipment maintained as Viner Mechanic.
Is being a "FARM-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FARM-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FARM-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FARM-EQUIPMENT MECHANIC I"
Job Number: 3759