Job Description and Jobs
- 1) Tends one or more single- or multiple-spindle lathe-type machines to cut and finish watch parts, such as watch plates, balance wheels, and bridges to specified thickness and surface finish: Depresses pedal to open chuck or nest to clamp piece in place, or fits hole of piece over pin projecting from face of quill, exercising care to seat parts to prevent damage to diamond cutting edge.
- 2) Starts machine and turns handwheels to move cutting edge into position and across face of part or move machine controls to start machine and engage cutting tool to automatically face parts to specifications.
- 3) Removes piece at end of facing cut and checks thickness with precision gauges to determine that dimensions and finish meet specifications and shop standards.
- 4) Notifies supervisor if parts do not meet specifications, of machine malfunctions, and of need for cutter replacement.
- 5) May change and adjust cutting tools.
Is being a "FACING-MACHINE OPERATOR" your very best career choice?
Our Career Interest Test
will show you which careers match your interests.
Our Free Personality Test will show you which careers match your personality and why.
Click here for "FACING-MACHINE OPERATOR" Jobs
See the Future Outlook and Educational Requirements for "FACING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Our Most Popular Products
End Of Job Description for: "FACING-MACHINE OPERATOR"
Job Number: 3749